The Organiser takes individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains their policies and practices.
The Organiser respects privacy of the Exhibitor and the Organisers will use their reasonable endeavours:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data the Organisers collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data
- not to disclose the personal data to external parties unless the Exhibitor has agreed, the Organisers are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies or the Organisers have previously informed the Exhibitor.
(1) Information collection
In order to provide better service to the Exhibitor and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, the Organiser may collect certain information when the Exhibitor registers with them or communicates with them.
In the process, the Organiser may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. As stated in the registration form, some of the requested information is mandatory and some of them the Exhibitor may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, the Organiser may be unable to provide the requested service. The Organiser only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
(2) Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by the Organiser include:
- processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting their trade fairs
- facilitating and enhancing their operations by incorporating the personal data into their database and
conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- promoting and notifying the Exhibitor of their trade fairs in Thailand and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by their affiliates and joint venture partners
- distributing publications and research materials of their company
- marketing their services or products
- if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
The Organiser may use personal data of the Exhibitor, including its name, email address and physical address to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in Thailand and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by their affiliates and joint venture partners, as well as the promotion of their services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to the Exhibitor. The Organisers will not so use the personal data of the Exhibitor unless the Organiser have received the Exhibitor’s consent to the said intended use. The Exhibitor may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply notifying the Organiser through the below contact details, and the Organiser will cease to do so, without charge.
(3) Disclosure / Transfer of Data
The Organiser will keep the personal data they hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data
- their agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with their operations or services for facilitating and enhancing their operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- their overseas offices, affiliates, joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purposes of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in Thailand and around the world
- persons to whom the Organiser are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Thailand
(4) Cookies [applicable to online user]
When the Exhibitors browse the website of the Organiser, cookies may be stored in the computer's hard drive
areas. The Exhibitors have a choice not to accept cookies, but if the Exhibitor exercises this choice, certain
functionality may become unavailable.
In general, Personal Data of the Exhibitor is kept confidential and is only accessible by authorised personnel.
Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on the secured web areas of the Organiser. The Organiser recommend that the Exhibitor do not divulge his/her User Login Name and Password to anyone. The personnel of the Organiser will never ask the Exhibitor for his/her User Login Name and Password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. The Exhibitor must remember to sign out of his/her Account and close the browser window when the Exhibitor has finished his/her session with the Website. The Exhibitor is responsible for all activities that occur under his/her User Account and Password.
(6) Hyperlinks [applicable to online user]
(8) Transfer of Data Overseas
The Organiser will generally hold personal data of the Exhibitor on their servers in Hong Kong. However, the Organiser may transfer it to their overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph (3) above, who may be located elsewhere.
(9) Consent and rights of the Exhibitor
By checking the appropriate box below or by signing at the space provided below, the Exhibitor consents to the collection and use of his/her personal data as outlined in this Statement, including the use and provision of his/her personal data for direct marketing.
The Exhibitor has the right:
- to check whether the Organiser hold personal data about the Exhibitor and to access such data
- to require the Organiser to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain policies and practices of the Organisers in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by them.
Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to:
428 Ari Hills Building 18th Floor, Phahonyothin Road, Samsen Nai,Phaya Thai,
Bangkok 10400 Thailand.
Tel +66 (0) 2 036 0500 Fax +66 (0) 2 036 0588, 0599
Email: [email protected]
The Organiser may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
If there is any conflict between the Thai and English versions of this Statement, the English version prevails.